1/2/2023 by Cathy Helms firstname.lastname@example.org
From ChristianLifeResources.com as of June 2022
- The American Law Institute (ALI) proposes a model penal code for state abortion laws. The code advocates legalizing abortion for reasons including the mental or physical health of the mother, pregnancy due to rape and incest, and fetal deformity. [Cathy’s note: This organization is behind the current attempt to legalize or lower penalties for pedophilia.]
- Apr. 25: Colorado Gov. John A. Love signs the first “liberalized” ALI-model abortion law in the United States, allowing abortion in cases of permanent mental or physical disability of either the child or mother or in cases of rape or incest. Similar laws are passed in California, Oregon, and North Carolina.
- The Virginia Society for Human Life is founded becoming the first statewide right-to-life organization in the country.
- National Right to Life is formed in the summer of 1968 and publishes its first newsletter in October 1968. The board of directors grows to include representatives with a diverse range of backgrounds including doctors, lawyers, nurses, homemakers, and educators.
- Apr. 11: New York allows abortion on demand up to the 24th week of pregnancy Similar laws are passed in Alaska, Hawaii, and Washington state.
- Apr. 21: The U.S. Supreme Court rules on its first case involving abortion upholding a District of Columbia law permitting abortion only to preserve a woman’s life or “health.” However, the Court makes it clear that by “health” it means “psychological and physical well-being,” effectively allowing abortion for any reason.
- June: National Right to Life holds its first annual convention
- By year’s end a total of 13 states have an ALI-type law. Four states allow abortion on demand. New York repeals its 1970 abortion law but Gov. Rockefeller vetoes the repeal.
- Jan. 22: The U.S. Supreme Court issues its ruling in Roe v. Wade, finding that a “right of privacy” it had earlier discovered was “broad enough to encompass” a right to abortion… Issued on the same day, Doe v. Bolton defines “health” to mean “all factors” that affect the woman, including “physical, emotional, psychological, familial, and the woman’s age.
The floodgates were opened in1973 and 744,610 babies were slaughtered in the year of this ruling by SCOTUS. But even more horrific, by 1978, just five years later, that figure had nearly doubled to 1,410,000. By 1990 babies murdered by abortion in the US reached the height of nearly 1,609,000 babies and the US was exporting this legislation throughout the world as a condition of receiving other help. Thankfully, the USA dipped to under a million abortions in 2013 and have remained there ever since. abortion-statistics-by-year-1973-current/
According to Wikipedia: The American Law Institute (ALI) is a research and advocacy group of judges, lawyers, and legal scholars established in 1923 to promote the clarification and simplification of United States common law and its adaptation to changing social needs. Members of ALI include law professors, practicing attorneys, judges and other professionals in the legal industry. ALI writes documents known as “treatises“, which are summaries of state common law (legal principles that come out of state court decisions). Many courts and legislatures look to ALI’s treatises as authoritative reference material concerning many legal issues. However, some legal experts and the late Supreme Court Justice Antonin Scalia, along with some conservative commentators, have voiced concern about ALI rewriting the law as they want it to be instead of as it is.
The ALI drafts, approves, and publishes Restatements of the Law, Principles of the Law, model acts, and other proposals for law reform. The ALI is headquartered in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania.
At any time, ALI is engaged in up to 20 projects examining the law. Some current projects have been watched closely by the media, particularly the revision of the Model Penal Code Sexual Assault provisions.*
*Cathy’s note: This is legislation that proposes, among other things, legalization and lower penalties for pedophilia.
For more information on ALI check out this article: